These are the top must have baby items that I just couldn’t live without when we had Jude. Needless to say, we have them all ready to go this time around again!
- This sound machine is my favorite! It creates a white noise that keeps your baby sleeping all night and blocks out all of those extra noises such as having the TV on in a separate room. We used to have it in our room when he slept next to us and once we moved him into his nursery we realized how much better we slept better with it! (I am seriously contemplating on buying one for our room.)
- Out of all the items on this list, this one is the biggest must have! When we first had Jude he would not sleep in anything but this. We tried every fancy bassinet and nothing seemed to work. I was a sleepless zombie until a friend recommended we try the Rock n Play and it made all the difference in the world. The first night he slept 5 hours in it. Just make sure you get the one that automatically rocks because the last thing you need is to be manually rocking it in the middle of the night.
- These swaddles are a total must have. I am such a huge fan of Aden + Anais because all of their products are such great quality. I used these blankets as swaddles when Jude was an infant, as a light blanket when he get older and even to cover myself when I nursed him in public. They are soft, airy and come in the cutest patterns!
- This bath tub is amazing. It allows the water to flow in on one side so you know the temperature before it runs onto your little one. It’s so hard for me to tell if the water is “too hot” because I have such a high tolerance for heat. (Tom always tells me I take the hottest showers.) So this little bath tub took all my worries away. It turns bright green when the temperature is just right and you can place your baby in there at ease. Also, it allows you the option to open up the side and let the water run out so the fresh water circulates around.
- Hooded towels are also a must. It’s important to keep your little ones head covered when they leave the water so they don’t loose too much body heat. These hooded towels from Aden + Anais are so soft and absorbent, I just love them.
- Honest diapers are another favorite. We used them with Jude from day one and he never really got any diaper rashes until he got older (from eating more acidic foods.) If you read about chemical irritants in diapers you will be amazed at some of the things other diapers have in them. I love the Honest Company diapers and am definitely signing up for one of their bundle packages for our little girl. Plus, their diapers come in the cutest patterns and on the Honest App you can pick them out monthly. His daycare always comments on how cute his little diapers are.
- Onesies that zip are definitely a must have! When you put your little one to bed at night use onsies that zip and not button. I was told about this at my baby shower with Jude and it was such great advice. The last thing you want to be doing in the middle of the night it trying to button up a onsies when you are half asleep. A quick diaper change and zippity-do-da and back to bed your baby goes.
- Tearless baby shampoo is a must and this one from Honest & Co is my favorite. I love the soft and calming lavender scent of this one. When you set up your bundle with Honest & Co every month you able to add 3 items for a discounted price and I always add this shampoo and the matching bubble bath.
- A nice stroller blanket is also a must have and these Dream Blankets from Aden + Anais are perfect. They are similar to the swaddles but have more weight to them, making them perfect for travel. I always like keeping a little blanket on them while they are in the stroller and intend to use this one. The material is light enough to use during the Spring and Summer too!
- I can’t say enough good things about the 4moms Mamaroo. Jude lived in this during the day time. It sways side to side and can even mimic a car ride. You can also plug your iPhone into the jack and play music on the speakers. It’s by far the best baby swing out there.
- Lastly, the Boppy lounger. This little lounger is great for when they are really little. You can have them sit on the couch next to you, on the table while you eat and on the bed. It keeps them safe and sound without you having to worry about them rolling away. I love that it allowed for Jude to always be so close to me. A total must have, especially for infants!
Shop the post: