1. Read a book a month – Instead of watching T.V. at night before I go to bed, I’m going to read. I’ve already started a new one this month and I am in love! It’s called Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. She is the author of “Eat, Pray, Love” and this book is already a page turner.
2. Blog more / take blogging more seriously – Blogging lights a spark inside of me and makes me feel alive. I lose myself in it. However, with work, the baby and life itself I tend to put it on the back burner. I am going to make a conscious effort to put time aside every week to blog.
3. Do more (hot) yoga. After my trip to Bali Indonesia I realized how much yoga needs to be apart of my life. It create an inner peace and helps relieve me of all anxieties (plus rids your body of tons of toxins.)
4. Journal daily – Journaling gets rid of all racing thoughts and puts them somewhere else. I am more in tune with who I am when I can see and reflect on my own thoughts. The best time to journal is first thing in the morning. It’s when my mind is a fresh new page and I can prepare myself for the day. I am going to wake up 30 min earlier every day, take a nice hot shower and sit down and write.
5. Save for a home – Tom and I sat down on New Years Eve and talked about our joint goals for the year. The main one was to save for a home. Even if the purchase doesn’t happen this year, we are going to work towards owning a home of our own. (yippie!)
6. Cherish relationships – Sometimes it’s so much easier to just stay home and relax but when I am with my friends and family I am truly so much happier. So I am going to say “yes” more, go to more outings with friends, make more time for my family and surround myself with loved ones.
Cheer’s to a New Year!!