Shop the post:
- This concealer is hands down the best thing I have ever come across. It is very good at concealing dark circles (which is much needed with a 5 month old and no sleep.) It goes on smooth, stays all day and doesn’t crease. It also has won tons of awards and used amongst all the celebs (for good reason too.) Worth every penny.
- This eye shadow palate is great for everyday wear to work make-up. It’s all matte shades and blends together nicely. Working in the professional field I have found that matte eye shadows looks a lot more classy / professional.
- Once again, this mascara takes the cake. I have tried so many others and keep going back to this one. It glides on smooth, lasts all day and is easy to remove.
- This moisturizer was recommended to me by my boss’s wife. One day I complimented her on her flawless looking skin and she revealed her secret, this cream! I just started using it in December and have to say I am hooked. It moisturizes my face, keeps it looking plump and wrinkle free without getting too oily. I get the soft cream / light weight version. I use it day and night. It smells yummy too.
- This contouring kit is really neat. I had the lady at Sephora show me where to put each color. I have recently got into the concept of contouring and it makes such a big difference for accentuating your features.
- For eyelash length and volume I use this. I used to use Latisse but it is always such a hassle to get a hold of (you have to get a prescription and see a Dr. etc) So after some research, I switched over to this one and it is just as good. I apply it day and night just like you would eye liner. Make sure you wait at least one month to see the full results. You can buy it in-store or online which is a lot more convenient. I have mine shipped straight to my doorstep.
- This weightless foundation goes on smooth and lasts all day with great coverage. I have combination skin and it also does a great job at keeping my skin matte. I apply it with a beauty blender which makes all the difference in the world. (I don’t know how I applied make-up before without it.)
- Blush is one of my favorite pieces of make-up. This color is beautiful!
- I also have been using an eyelash primer before I put on my mascara and it really dramatizes the effects of long eye lashes. If you can’t tell I am all about long eye lashes!
- Lastly, this dry texturizing spray is my life saver. I use it every day and it allows me to go 2-3 days without washing my hair. This one is hands down the best I have ever used and I have tried a ton. It also smells really good so my hair smells fresh and clean. Having blonde hair, my hair is fragile so I can’t wash it every day so this keeps my hair fresh with volume! I loooooove it.
Talking gift ideas for friends that love beauty products today!
I have always been a fan of trying new beauty products. I know it can be hard over the holidays trying to find gifts for girlfriends but I don’t think you can ever go wrong with giving someone the gift of beauty. All of these products are personal favorites of mine.
On a side note, I am so glad we live in an era where we can just buy things online. Sometimes with work, the baby, cooking, grocery shopping and other random errands, it is so hard to go to the mall or get stuff done for myself. Thankfully now I have just been ordering things online and having everything shipped to my home. And it is such a bonus coming home to packages, it’s like Christmas every day! (Tom isn’t the biggest fan, he is starting to think I have a problem but that’s okay, hehe.)
Well have a beautiful day everyone.
Recently I have been trying out a bunch of new different types of make-up. Through trial and error I have found a pretty good combination of products that seem to work great with my skin. My morning routine usually consists of morning snuggles with Jude bug and a nice hot shower followed by a big cup of coffee as I sit down to get ready for the day. I don’t like a lot of fuss when it comes to applying products and I can probably put my morning make-up on in about 15 minutes.
First I apply a BB cream. For me, it’s important to have one that has sunscreen, doesn’t make me oily and lasts all day. The one I use now is also a primer which keep the rest of my make-up in place all day. You can find it here.
Next, I apply concealer under my eyes (my best friend as of late since I have not been sleeping much with Jude) and where ever else it may be needed. The one I am currently using I like because it does not look “cakey.” It is found here.
Then I apply a loose powder all over. I go for powders that contain “talc.” Talc helps to keep your skin looking matte and prevents shine/oil build up. Currently using this one found here.
For my every day lip color, I like the lip pencil found here, color “Patent Pink.”
Lastly, for my eyes I use an every day color from Urban Decay, called “Sellout” found here. Followed by a coat of mascara found here. Mascara is the most important beauty product to me. If there was only one piece of make-up I could wear daily, it would be mascara. There is just something about long eye lashes that I love!
Well there you have it! My morning make-up routine. Tommy comes home tomorrow from his work trip and I couldn’t be more excited. He has been gone for the past two weeks and trying to take care of a 9 week old all alone has not been the easiest. Anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous day!
All my best, Nicole